We’ve all heard many times how important passwords are, here are a list of common passwords people use, please don’t use these as it will make breaking your password really easy.
- Season + year (e.g. Winter 2018)
- Local Sports Team + Digits (e.g. Seahawks3)
- Company Name +Year/Number/Special Character (e.g. VeloxSystems2018@)
So how do you compile a good password? Think length, and random. I like to use a good password manager (Lastpass.com) or a random word generator (https://randomwordgenerator.com/). Try to get your password to be over 12 characters and yet easy to remember, like a lyric to your favorite song, a favorite quote from a movie, or just a phrase you like, then add some numbers and symbols. Here are some good ideas to get ideas flowing
- “Wecouldhavehaditall1984#” (Adele: https://youtu.be/rYEDA3JcQqw)
- “Harry,ITookCareofIt!1982” (Dumb and Dumber: https://youtu.be/j7rWRatmvZE?t=54s)
- “CrazyBicycleCommunityofBend1972!” (easy to remember and type, but long and has some complexity)